Quitnits Rapid lotion is a perfect choice for a pesticide free approach to the destruction of head lice and their eggs.
Quitnits® Rapid Lotion
Quitnits Rapid Lotion starts to work in 10 minutes after application helping to kill lice and their eggs.
- Scientifically tested ingredients
- Gentle on skin
- Products containing Dimethicone are well tolerated during pregnancy
- Massage through dry hair and onto the scalp ensuring all of the hair and nape of the neck is covered, then wait 10 minutes.
- Part the hair into sections, starting at the front of the head. Lift a 30mm strand of hair, place the comb as close to the scalp as possible, and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp. Pin back each strand of hair after combing, and wipe the combings on a tissue to remove the dead/dying lice. The hair should remain damp during combing, however if it dries, dampen lightly with water.
- Use regular shampoo to wash the hair. Towel dry and inspect for any lice that were missed. Inspect the hair after 7 days to check for any new lice that may have hatched, and repeat the process if necessary. Use Quitnits Detangling Spray daily to limit re-infestation.
How it Works
Our product coats the louse, which stops it from exchanging gases and moisture with its environment, leading to suffocation.
Water Purified, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Cetrimonium Bromide, Citric Acid, Lavender Oil, Geranium Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Satalum Spicatum Root Heartwood Oil Essential
General Guidance & Cautions
Use enough to thoroughly cover the scalp and hair, including the back of the neck and behind the ears.
If the product gets into the eyes, rinse out immediately with water.
Remove all the eggs (nits) you can find after treatment with the fine tooth comb included ensuring that combings are wiped onto a tissue for disposal.
Repeat the treatment after 7-10 days to kill lice that have hatched from any remaining eggs that were not killed by the first treatment and to ensure the cycle is broken.
If you find live lice or more eggs appear after the second treatment, seek advice from a health professional.
Check other people in the household and treat if necessary. Lice can quickly spread back to people who have already been treated.
Don't use on babies under 6 months, except on medical advice.
Only use the product when you can see live lice or their eggs.
Always read the label. Follow the instructions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
If you have a known allergy to cosmetic or personal care products consult your health professional before use.
This product may make floors slippery.
Pregnant and Nursing Mums
This product does not contain any ingredients that are suspected of causing health problems for pregnant and nursing mums. If in doubt talk to your healthcare professional.
Quitnits® Complete Head Lice KitQuitnits® Complete Head Lice KitThe complete head lice kit includes a head lice treatment spray, egg removal shampoo & comb.
Quitnits® Head Lice Removal KitQuitnits® Head Lice Removal KitQuitnits Head Lice Removal Kit helps keep you lice free by allowing you to detect and remove head lice early.
Quitnits® Head Lice SolutionQuitnits® Head Lice SolutionQuitnits Head Lice Solution is a no fuss solution that contains naturally derived Australian Sandalwood Oil.
Quitnits® Rapid LotionQuitnits® Rapid LotionQuitnits Rapid Lotion starts to work in 10 minutes after application helping to kill lice and their eggs.
Quitnits® Once Only TreatmentQuitnits® Once Only TreatmentQuitnits Once Only treatment kills lice and their eggs in one application. Shampoo afterwards and comb with the included nit comb.
Quitnits® FoamQuitnits® FoamThe Quitnits Foam is a Pyrethrum free foam containing naturally derived Geranium oil.
Quitnits® Detangling SprayQuitnits® Detangling SprayQuitnits Detangling Spray helps to detangle knots and tangles, and assists in the prevention of head lice.